Saturday 1 January 2011

so this is what the future looks like......

Why does a new year have to bring a new you? What if you’re happy just being you, with all your characteristics (physical and emotional) why does every new year mean you have to make up new ways of reinventing yourself to live up to the social norms to beauty/success/happiness. Rather than go all sentimental on your asses, I’m gonna be thankful for the chances I’ve had in 2010 and ask for patience for 2011. No new year’s resolution, no quick fixes, I’ll just wait to see what this year has in store for me, cope with whatever is being thrown my way and most of all be happy. As ultimately that’s what everyone wants, it’s to be happy (of course our ideas differ in what happiness really is), so haters fall back we doing this our way!!!

4 comments:

  1. Every new year is a new small smart in my life. More important is the resolution I am chasing, as the year works as a deadline for me. No deadline, no tasks on time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah but why do you need a new year to make plans? what i wonder is why a change in date has to mean a reinvented you, like the last year of your life is some sort of sham. Im still on making no new years resolution, anyone else with me? (tumbleweed passes by......)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I don't like new years revolutions. If you have to wait until the new year to make a change maybe you need to ask yourself if you are really committed to the change. I think the new year is a new opportunity to grow and it is a socially created milestone, which though overrated a good chance to make some positive changes when you reflect on the year passed. I love this post because it is so honest and real. Your blog looks great and I love the make-up post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaw cassandre thanx so much for the comment.
    I'm likeing this debate, I can see why ppl make resolutions but its a sad fact that most of them are broken very quickly, so instead why dont those who choose to make changes make a weekly or daily resloution.

    ReplyDelete