Sunday 19 September 2010

Basso & Brooke


Basso & Brooke
Who: Bruno Basso and Christopher Brooke, in 2006 Elle named the Brazilian/British duo as the designers of the year; they have been show casing their work at LFW since 2005. The pair have been renowned for creating beautiful prints on luxurious textiles

The look: They describe their spring 2011 collection as “Jeff Koons, hyper-reality and Herb Ritts”. I describe the collection as an excellent use of digital prints, on 50s/60s style silhouette. Part of the collection reminded me of the print you get from the world maps, I think if you look hard enough at certain dresses you can probably work out your location in the world, as I thought I saw UK. It was a very playful line which was very reminiscent of summer. I think this collection was designed for women that are very confident about having a great figure, with plenty of short skirt and dresses to show off legs and nipped in waists.


The makeup: finally we get summer type makeup. Pale pink blush, coral lip colour and plenty of mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment